Audio waveform visualization filter added to a track crash Shotcut

What is your operating system?
Windows 7 64-bit / Windows 10 64-bit

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
20.10.31 64-bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
Add a “Audio waveform visualization” filter to a complete track, happens whit a single audio in the track or several audio chunks with blank spaces between them.
Crash happens with or without other filters added to the track.
In this conditions Shotcut crashes when the playhead is set to the start, and therefore, as the project can be saved with the playhead at a random location, you can save it, but you will not be able to open it again because it will crash at oppening because the playhead is set at start.
Workarround to be able to reopen the project, open the .mlt file in and editor and delete manually the audioWaveform filter section.

Regards.

En voulant vérifier si ce bug existait sur 20-09-27, je pense en avoir trouvé un autre.
La modification de la couleur de fond est appliquée à tout l’écran alors qu’elle ne devrait à mon avis ne s’appliquer que sur le rectangle de la forme d’onde.

Pour le message précédent, je ne peux pas reproduire le crash sur 20-09-27

While trying to check if this bug existed on 20-09-27, I think I found another one.
The change of background color is applied to the whole screen whereas in my opinion it should only apply to the rectangle of the waveform.

For the previous message, I can’t reproduce the crash on 20-09-27

Demo

I tried to recreate this problem on by Windows 10 machine with 20.10.31 and I do not reproduce the crash. Maybe there is something else that is required also. Can you try to recreate the problem from an empty project with minimal steps?

I designed it to work this way on purpose. It is intended to fill the whole screen in cases where the filter is applied to an audio only clip which would have a black background and may not provide good contrast for the waveform color.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.