Audio Waveform/Spectrum Visualization isn't available as a filter

I’m trying to add the Audio Waveform Visualization filter on an MP4, however the option simply isn’t available, Along with the other options of Audio spectrum Visualization. I tried to just do it with an MP3 too but that didn’t work too.
I’ve looked around and not found anyone else with this problem.

I’m using Shotcut 23.06.14 on Arch Linux.

I’ve just tested the Audio Dance Visualisation filter on Windows 11. Nothing… (but I’ve never used it, so I don’t know the adjustments). Sorry.
However, Audio Level, Audio Spectrum and Audio Waveform Visualization filters work.
The filters must be added on a video clip with audio or on an audio clip placed on a video track. (On an audio track, it doesn’t work). see this post:

I hope this helps a bit.

I don’t want Audio Dance Visualisation. I only want the Audio Waveform Visualization. I am indeed playing it on a video clip with an Audio, An MP4. The filter for Waveform visualization simply isn’t there in the filters list as shown in the picture above for any case.

Most likely you need to reinstall shotcut.

I faced a similar problem recently, I lost a lot of audio plugins. I am using fpatpack. As it turns out, shotcut and kdenlive use the same dependency - org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.swh. The problem is that if I remove kdenlive from the system, org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.swh is also removed, after which I lose a lot of plugins from shotcut. Therefore, either reinstall shotcut and it will install the necessary dependencies, or install these dependencies separately.

1 Like

I’ve done it several times, But it hasn’t seemed to work unfortunately. I download it from the Arch repository.

Distribution repositories often contain garbage. In my ubuntu (mint) repository, there is some strange version 22.01.30+ds-1, which the shotcut developers probably have nothing to do with, shotcut never came out under this number. I recommend using either the flatpak version or the appimage version, both are fresh, both work well and have all the required dependencies.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.