Audio out of sync in preview

The audio in the preview is out of sync in the preview by about 250ms behind. It’s definitely in sync in the actual video, just out of sync in the shotcut preview. I’ve already searched and haven’t found any similar issue/fix. I need it to be in sync because I need to line up sounds in the video with sounds in another audio track. Thanks.

EDIT: There is a gap in the audio waveform at the front of the clip where video is playing but audio isn’t.

Seeking is difficult for some files. As an experiment, try to use the “Convert to edit friendly…” feature and then open the converted file.

This does not make a difference - the audio in the preview is still a tiny bit behind the video.

Can you provide more information about your project?

What are the properties of the file?

What is the project video mode?

How do you know that “It’s definitely in sync in the actual video”.

If you export from Shoctcut, is the exported file in sync?

What are the properties of the file?
1080p 60fps and note that there is a delay with any video file (or at least of all the files I am using).

What is the project video mode?
HD 1080p 60fps

How do you know that “It’s definitely in sync in the actual video”.
By watching the video. The video is gameplay footage and if I slow it down or rapidly pause it there is no delay in sound when, for example, a shot is fired.

If you export from Shotcut, is the exported file in sync?
Yes it is.

This was reported by @DRM as well, and I think it will depend on the system to some degree. Audio and video delivery go through separate OS subsystems and sometimes devices. If using an amplifier or receiver, it can introduce a delay as well as they often offer A/V sync adjustment in their settings. I recently saw a video for Cinelerra about how to calibrate its A/V preview sync for your system:

I don’t have a clue what is being talked about in the video nor do I know of “Cinelerra” and I don’t see what it has to do with this Shotcut issue. I don’t have this delay with other editing software I have tried, it is only shotcut (but due to other editors having restrictions, bugs or issues Shotcut is the best I have found, apart from this issue).

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.