Audio goes out of sync after export

Hello

I started using Shortcut to edit my YouTube videos before uploading them and have found that even though the video and audio are synced on the timeline. Once they have been exported, the audio becomes out of sync more and more as the clip plays. The footage in question is about 53 minutes long and I have tried the MP4 and YouTube presets, also using some custom ones but the audio keeps going out of sync. I am using an old laptop and it can take up to 24-hours to export a video, so it could just be my system, but I just want to ask if anyone has experienced this before and found a solution to this issue? Outside of that I really enjoy using Shortcut and don’t really want to stop unless I have no other choice. Thank you.

Shotcut version?
Computer Specifications? Operating system? 32 / 64 bit?
Source video (original) specifications? (Resolution/FPS/Audio Sample Rate)
Video Mode? (Settings - Video Mode)
Exported video specifications? (Resolution/FPS/Audio Sample Rate)

Thanks for response.

Shortcut version - 18.12.23
Operating system - Windows 7, 64bit

Source video track 2 - H.264/AVC/MPEG-4
Resolution 1280x720
Frame rate 29.9703
Format yuv420p
Audio - codec AAC
Channel 2 (stereo)
Sample rate 48000
Format fltp

Video track 1 - Same as above except for frame rate which is 29.97

Exported video - H.264/AVC/MPEG-4
Resolution 1920x1080
Frame rate 30
Format yuv420p
Audio - Codec AAC
Channels 2 (stereo)
Format fltp

PC specs.
Processor: Intel® Celeron® 530 @ 1.73ghz
Memory: 2.00gb
Hard drive 80gb

I think that’s everything. One more thing when I export. One more thing I export to an external harddrive. A 250gb Maxtor one touch.

Yeah me and others have reported this issue. The lead developer here, Dan, has done a fix on some issue related to this a couple of updates ago but it has obviously not been the final word. It’s very hard to pinpoint what the issue is. I don’t know if you are willing to upload your mlt project file along with the sources for your video project on here so that the developers can look at it and see if they can find out what’s going on. It would be best because then they can actually see a confirmed case of this happening and may be able to finally fix it. Or you can private message them if you want with the source material if you don’t want others to see it. :slight_smile:

Thanks DRM,

Am not sure how I would PM you those files but am happy to if they can help solve problem. Just let me know best way to go about it.

In Export, did you change anything in Advanced > Video such as resolution or frame rate? If so, try not doing that.

Also, check to see if any of your video clips are using variable frame rate. That is one the biggest causes, and Shotcut tries to detect it and prompt you to convert it, but one can choose to ignore that prompt forever. Properties will show “(variable)” next to the frame rate if it detects it. However, you might also want to use the MediaInfo program for another opinion.

Thank you

I do use advanced settings to change resolution to 1080p. I will not do that and give your options a try.

IT WORKS! Thank you Dan! It looks like I was trying to be too smart with the advanced settings. I just used the YouTube preset and it all seems to be fine now, audio and visual are synced perfectly. Thank you so much.

Joe

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.