Audio gets deleted along with video

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
21.05.01 64 bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
I’m making a video and I needed to cut out some footage and add something else, but when I deleted that portion of the clip, the same amount of audio was cut out at the point. For example if i cut 5 seconds of video out then 5 seconds of audio will be cut out.

Link to video - https://youtu.be/2jT3hckMCck

Hi @Magentadoomboy
I tried to reproduce your problem (Windows 10, Shotcut V21.05.01 portable) but everything was working as expected.

Restart Shotcut and try to reproduce it yourself. If you make a screen recording, make sure we see all the steps you take and that all tracks are visible. Move your mouse cursor anywhere over a track in the timeline and use Shift + Mouse wheel to reduce/increase the height of the tracks.

2021-05-03_09.05.08

Infos about the files you use might also be useful.

You have the “Ripple edits across all tracks” icon selected (the one that looks like an asterix (*) or snowflake in a circle. Unselect it to make changes to a single track.

1 Like

Eagle eye :eagle: :slight_smile:

Oh I didn’t realize thanks!

I made my own custom buttons for Ripple and Ripple all tracks as a visual reminder to turn them OFF after use.
2021-05-03_10.38.54

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.