Audio & Freezing Issues w/ Sped Up Playback

I just updated today to version 21.12.21. I’ll make a project & open the video I want to edit. When I start the playback it works as it should. HOWEVER if I were to change part of the layout like for example click on any of the options like “Logging”, “Editing”, “FX”, “Color”, etc; If the playback was already sped up it will stop playing the audio but video keeps going. In similar sense if the playback wasn’t sped up & switch to one of those it will work. If you speed up though after the switch then it will also stop audio, but keep video going aswell.

That normally wouldn’t affect me except it’s also doing it if you use the key bind for setting the “In” point if you trying to select a portion to move out to the playlist. To “fix” this issue I have to pause playback & replay. Even worse SOMETIMES when I set the “Out” point while playback is sped up it will freeze playback entirely; that’s when I’ll have to restart the application. The Peak Meter will still show audio too.

I’m just not sure if this is a setting that got changed with updating or if it’s a bug. Hence why I’m posting here. Now of course I could just not speed the playback up & obviously gonna have to do so until I can fix it. That isn’t preferred though & would then eliminate the point of being able to speed playback up. This is reducing the efficiency of my work & any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your report. This is fixed for the next release.

1 Like

Thank you! Much appreciated!

So the first half of this issue definitely was fixed in newest update; again thank you!

However the other half which is what I use more still isn’t. To reiterate the setting in/out points (pressing key bind I or O) while playback is sped up/reversed will also mute audio, but still show in meter. Also if you play it normally, set a in/out point & then speed up; it also mutes audio. Same if you start playback in reverse & set a in/out point. Although I’m not sure how many are doing the reverse one, but for sake of testing I’m mentioning it.

It’s Christmas though so it can wait; enjoy the holidays! It’s not a huge deal since I can just speed up/reverse & pause before I set the in/out point.

I was not able to recreate this in Linux. But I did recreate it in Windows. This is fixed for the next release.

1 Like

My bad should’ve mentioned operating system; apologies. Thanks for being so quick to respond! You’re awesome!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.