Audio crackling & popping

I have these audio crackling / popping noises when playing the file back but also in the exported output. Here is an example of this: help.wav - Google Drive

Shotcut version:22.06.23
Qt version: 5.15.2

Any ideas on what I can do? I don’t want to throw the project away :frowning:

Welcome and sorry you are having a problem, but there is a bunch of similar posts to yours that you should check out:

https://forum.shotcut.org/search?q=crackling%20order:latest

I’m thankful for this amazing program! No need to be sorry.

I’ve looked around a bit an found that the following does not change the outcome:
Only outputting FLAC audio
Only outputting WAV audio
Removing everything but the video and then exporting
Using an intermediate preset with PCM audio

Maybe your clip is variable frame rate or not seekable for some other reason. View the properties panel for the clip and click on the “Convert…” button.

I removed all video clips and only exported audio and sadly I still had the issue, so I suppose variable framerate is not the issue here.

What is the type of audio file? Some file types (like MP3) do not seek well. Can you try to convert the audio file? You can click the “Convert…” button in the properties panel for the audio file.

Oh that’s a good point. The type was FLAC, I’ll try to convert them to WAV later and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks for the tip!

That fixes it thank you! I might still hear some slight crackling but it’s much better now! Thanks again for the tip.

Raw FLAC (.flac)? That is known to be problematic and does not seek. FLAC in MKV in works better.

Yes it was raw flac, I’ll try wav next time!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.