Audio appears in waveform but not in Peak Meter

What is your operating system?
64-bit Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

The problem is that there is no audio when the only thing is muted is the video and there is a separate audio track playing in the background. I cannot hear anything when I import it into Shotcut. The Audio Peak Meter does not show any audio playing when the waveform shows up in the tracks.

Can you upload a screenshot to clarify your issue?

If you mute the sound on a video track, then you will not hear audio from that track. Do you have audio in another track that you are expecting to hear?

In this screenshot I cannot hear audio but it is not muted and it is on the track. The only muted audio is from the few clips in track 1 which I did on purpose.

Are you aware that you have one or more filter(s) on the Output?
w0r33avgMV

You can click on that funnel shaped icon to display the filters applied to Output.
Maybe you added a Mute filter or a Gain/Volume filter there by mistake.

The video track has clips that have mute filters on them as I stated above. When I import things into Shotcut, it does not have any audio

I am unable to reproduce that. If you want to report this as a bug as originally intended you need to start a new project, reproduce the problem, and report all of the steps. Also, you were asked to show the Output filters but you did not. Please, if you do not do anything more to provide requested information, then the problem cannot be addressed.

This is almost certainly the problem. You probably accidentally put a mute filter on your output. Click where the arrow shows and show us the filters panel to see what filters you have applied to the output.

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.