Application Exiting

Hey all,

I’ve built Shotcut from source on Windows 11. However, when I try to open my Shotcut.exe, I’m encountering an message states that
$ ./shotcut.exe
[Debug ] Application::~Application exiting

Additionally, within the application, I’m unable to load any video files.

Any reson you are not using a official build ?

Hi, Thanks for the response!!

I have downloaded the source code from here.

I’m not sure, what do you mean by official build??

He means to say the exe file that is available on github. Sure you can compile the source code to run shotcut, but he wants to know why you are not using the already compiled version, i.e. the zip or exe installer.

As a part of my work, I want to compile the shotcut from source on windows and there i’m facing issue with the exe where i’m not able to load any video files.

And also while going through an application log i found an error stating that “ mlt_repository_init: no plugins found”.
So i tried melt -query to check the required plugins and found some issue over there.

$ melt -query
No LADSPA plugins were found!

Check your LADSPA_PATH environment variable.
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt/libmltplus.dll
(“C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt\libmltplus.dll”: The specified module could not be found.)
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt/libmltqt.dll
(“C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt\libmltqt.dll”: The specified module could not be found.)
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt/libmltresample.dll
(“C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt\libmltresample.dll”: The specified module could not be found.)
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt/libmltrtaudio.dll
(“C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt\libmltrtaudio.dll”: The specified module could not be found.)
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt/libmltrubberband.dll
(“C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt\libmltrubberband.dll”: The specified module could not be found.)
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt/libmltsdl.dll
(“C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt\libmltsdl.dll”: The specified module could not be found.)
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt/libmltsox.dll
(“C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\mlt\libmltsox.dll”: The specified module could not be found.)

I’m not sure whether this is an issue causing me to be unable to load my video files, but I just want to know what this error indicates.
Could you guys help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

I have not build shortcut on windows, but it looks like there is some helper script to build shotcut and all the 3-party dependencies needed to work

You should properly supply informations on how you have build it & build logs, to make it easier for the developers to see what you have missed.

Thanks for the response!!

Sure i’ll give it a shot and get back to u