Another 3D animated Shotcut logo

In French we say “Jamais deux sans trois”. Your equivalent in English is “Good things come in threes.” I presume. Well, in the past 24 hours, two members of the forum posted 3D animations of the Shotcut logo.

Here’s Numéro 3 :slight_smile:

I started working on this in Blender last summer and never finished it. The plan was to use it as an intro in future Shotcut tutorials.

After seeing Ar_D’s and Elusien’s animations today I decided to give it another go. The 3D part is made with Blender of course and was combined with 2D images in Shotcut.

After rendering I realized the black border is a bit too thin and that I used the wrong font. Oh well…

7 Likes

Great!

Better than me :+1::+1::+1: I need to learn blender much more.

The best of the lot - brilliant. The font for the logo is “Noto Sans”. This is copied from Dan’s official SVG file:

style=“font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;font-stretch:normal;font-size:58.6667px; line-height:125%;font-family:‘Noto Sans’;”

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words Elusien.

For the last part of my video I tried to find the right font. So I submited the Shotcut logo to the What the Font! tool of myfonts.com. And it told me the font used is Open Sans.

Looks like Noto Sans and Open Sans are those infamous Sans twin brothers wanted by the police in 38 countries :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not just infamous, but also NOTOrious and not just twins, but, to my eye at least, identical twins apart from the eyes (one has just a single line while the other has a top and bottom stroke for the upper-case “I”).

2 Likes

Font and color information is also on https://shotcut.org/media/

2 Likes

I rebuilt the Shotcut logo in Blender. It is now as close to the original I was able to get it.

If anyone is interested to download the .blend file, it is available here:
Shotcut-LOGO-3D.zip
(I used Blender version 2.90.1 so maybe you’ll need to upgrade if you have an older version)

3 Likes

Thanks for the .blend file. I tried to get into Blender a few years ago, but got side-tracked with some apps I was developing at the time and never got back to it. Maybe I’ll give it another go.

1 Like

Thanks, that looks very nice. If I come up with a use for it, I hope to find this thread!

2 Likes

That looks gorgeous!

1 Like

That’s pretty cool! It would be perfect if it were slower (that way you could easier add some dramatic music!).

Hi @Philez. Like I said above, when I first started to work on this, it was intended to be used as an intro for Shotcut tutorials on YouTube. And I hate looong intros. So to me, the length and speed ARE almost perfect. I say “Almost” because I feel the first 2 or 3 seconds should be removed. Or at least I should add a white backdrop to the scene, because as it is now, the white floor and the black background look pretty ugly.
Thanks for your comment :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.