Animations

Hello,
Is it possible to had animations in video like fireworks ? 3d shapes ? Other animations ? As an example see the end of this video below :

I made this video with video editor included in windows 10 (now replaced by clipchamp).
Regards.

These are simply stock media (video, usually) with transparent backgrounds. Sometimes, the stock media has a green background instead of transparent, and then you need to use a Chroma Key filter to overlay them. Transparent is preferable, but there might be a better selection if you expand your search to include green backgrounds.

Of course, you can use these, but Shotcut does not provide them. You have to find them yourself. That can be a very fun and widening endeavor rather than simply using the small selection that a tool includes. Our web site’s Resources page includes some sources of free or royalty-free stock media. You can also search the web for paid sources. Some are pay per download, and others are a buffet with subscription. Professionals and amateurs frequently use stock media. You do not need to make everything from scratch! I started using commercial clip art and custom fonts in the very early 90s for desktop publishing. Same idea.

2 Likes

Hello @shotcut,
Thank you for your detailed and very clear answer. I will have a look to the link you propose.
Regards