Animation shortfilms finalized with SHOTCUT

Hello there,
We’re a moroccan animation studio, based in Rabat, Morocco.
This summer, we wanted children to learn about 2d animation, so we created an one-week animation course for children from 8 to 14 years old. The goal was to create an one-minute animated shortfilm in 2d, and we used SHOTCUT to finalise their work and add sound.
Finally, 4 groups of children have worked on Krita this summer, and the result is on Youtube for anyone to watch : bellow are the links to our youtube channel.
Hope you’ll all like it !

6 Likes

“oh no-!” was my reaction for the shark one, that shark is sure one tricky son-of-a-gun! Nice animated. pretty basic drawing style, however the colors were very nice, matched the dark night and the ‘horror’ vibe.
poor bird but that’s life right? haha. :slight_smile: good job.

1 Like

This reminded me of the Russian Frog and the Scorpion fable:

A scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung by the scorpion, but the scorpion argues that if it did that, they would both drown. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion. The scorpion climbs onto the frog’s back and the frog begins to swim, but midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung, to which the scorpion replies “I couldn’t help it. It’s in my nature.”

The moral of the story is that, like the scorpion, vicious people often cannot help hurting others even when it is against their own interests.

2 Likes

That is so well done :smile:. And by 8 to 14 years old children?!
I would have liked to do something like this in our arts class. The only thing we did with modern tools, was taking pictures and using them in Photoshop to create something abstract.

1 Like

Thank you ! The children have been very happy indeed, to create their own short film this summer. And they did a really good job. Hopefully we’ll do it again for next holidays

J’aime beaucoup votre travail, et surtout que ce soit le fruit d’un atelier de dessin animé.
je sent que je vais m’inspirer de vos génériques qui sont eux aussi très originaux.

Bravo

I love your work, and especially that it is the fruit of a cartoon workshop.
I feel that I am going to take inspiration from your generics which are also very original.

Bravo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.