Allow customer layout to restore on program start

On each program start I need to repeat either adjusting the size pf panels, or got to Menu > View > Layout > [my own customer layout]. Suggestion: Allow one or two of customer layouts to be added to the 6 existing layout selection buttons (above the preview panel). This will give 2 advantages a) less clicking than thru the menu, b) will be restored after program start, same as the other options.

I doubt this will happen. You can already customize all 6 layouts, and each layout is saved as well as the last one used. The only time a layout is not saved is upon a crash including a crash on exit.

I can not manage to save customized design. I usually drag the timeline broader, and I have to repeat this each time, after normal program closure. Or am I missing some trick? (In Menu>View>Layout, I only find the optoin “add”).

P.S: to clarify:
I can customize all 6 layouts, but customized panel size is is not saved. (Windows 8.1).
Only with the option “add” the modification stays saved, recallable only via Menu.

[quote=“shotcut, post:2, topic:25021”]
I doubt this will happen. You can already customize all 6 layouts, and each layout is saved as well as the last one used. The only time a layout is not saved is upon a crash including a crash on exit.
[/quote] > Blockquote

Height of the timeline panel is NOT restored when restarting.
Should I report this as bug report?
Windows 8.1, Shotcut version 21.02.27.
To reproduce: Use “editing” view, increase the panel height manually by dragging an (invisible) frame above the timeline. Close and restart the program. Changes are gone.

You can but I doubt I can fix it. We use a library function to snapshot and restore these things for all panels at once. In some cases, based on the reports, this does not seem to be working. Your example works for me. You probably want me to prepare a bug report with the library, but I am unable to do that because they only accept something reproducible with a new, minimal code example.