Alfriston And On And On

Hi, gang,

Just uploaded another 4K video edited with Shotcut 20.09.27.

So without further ado here’s the video:

Kind regards

Stephen

2 Likes

Hi Stephen,

sorry for being so direct: but what is the message/ sense of 15 min. video driving in a car in the rain with the wipers on - beside seeing some traffic in GB/scotland(?) and some houses / castles in the rain? Is there anything special made with shotcut that i am missing? Some transitions or special editing?
Sorry, just curios :slight_smile: Don’t want to be unpolite.

cheers, Rilo

Hi Stephen, I really liked it and enjoyed the music as well as the images. I watched it while I was ironing! :heart_eyes: What was the track in the beginning section BTW, and also from 8:50 onwards?

I think it’s be useful for overseas folk to get a taste of what England looks like (in the rain), especially as you drive through some of the pretty villages and the countryside. Also people can ponder on why we drive on the wrong side (left) of the road (!) … Thanks for sharing this …

1 Like

PS I’m so glad you applied your brakes at 03:10 … :smile:

1 Like

:laughing: I know you know it was a speed-up, but I am heavy footed on the old pedals. LOL!

1 Like

In the first 30 seconds I see an animated logo, a fade in from black, and text superimposed. I also hear a music track mixed in. There could be other filters applied to conform media and correct things that are not obvious. Maybe those are not special, but that is fine for many viewers and frequently all that is needed. This video did give me a little sense of what life is like in this part of this country for this time of year.

3 Likes

Hi, Jon,

Hahaha. Great reply. The first song is called Lost Time by Eveningland and the one at 8:50 is Family Montage by Biz Baz Studio.

It is good to see Britain in the rain especially after the dry summer we just had.

Also thanks for this. I often wonder if I should find another hobby. So it’s reassuring to read this. :+1:

(BTW It isn’t us that drive on the wrong side of the road :rofl:)

Stephen

Hi Rilos

Believe it or not I have a Shooting Script (Google Keep) that has three acts (denoted by the fades). There is no message; I’m thinking of this as a Moto Vlog, which does not have a purpose only to cruise and see where we end up or see - like a Peter Fonda biker movie. So the short answer is: it’s a moto vlog. Unfortunately I wouldn’t be typing this now if I didn’t have the wipers on :laughing:. People who want to see places in and around Eastbourne might find this watchable.

The FXs are turning a ten minute wait in traffic into ten seconds. But the thing that I want to convey is: Shotcut is the only editor I can edit 4K with, without proxies or scaling previews, AND export with parallel processing AND hardware encoding. What you are seeing is the result. The developers on Shotcut are incredible. :clap::clap::clap:

Stephen :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, Dan. This is too much :smile::smile::smile:

Hi Stephen,

thanks for clarification and background. I didn’t know what a vlog is :wink: So this is East Sussex, right? I only was once in England near Oxford and remember the very big parks and lanes, and the holy grass in the colleges :slight_smile: We visited the old property of Churchill with very big and old oak trees - beautiful. It all looks a bit as if time had stood still for 100 years :slight_smile:

Cheers, Rilo

1 Like

Hi Rilos

That’s right. East Sussex. I used to live in London. I prefer it near the seaside :slightly_smiling_face:. Never been to Oxford. Not sure I will :slight_smile: The parks are nice. Some of them are Royal ones. The buildings are listed because they are so old. When was you last in England?

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

my visit in England is more than 20 years ago. My father had to work in Abingdon, near Oxford. He helped to build a nuclear particle accelarotor and i had just finished university and started to work and got my first car. Was an experience to drive on the “wrong” side in the night.

1 Like

Hi Stephen
As an Englishman exiled in the far north of the UK (as far as you can get without falling off) I really enjoy your videos. The effects are subtle and unobtrusive and add so much to the atmosphere. I watched this one this morning and found it strangely soothing and evocative - while they surely have their place I sometimes tire of the sledge hammer editing techniques overladen with special effects which seem prevalent nowadays. Your videos are thought provoking with a great look and feel. I did worry though at one point that you were going to ignore the barrier and drive right up to Alfriston church. Keep 'em coming - they are much appreciated.

All the best
Roger

1 Like

Hi Roger

Thank you very much for your reply. I’m blown away by it. It’s great having the “Made with Shotcut” sub-forum for everyone who edits with Shotcut to share their results. I hope to see yours one day, it’d be good to see scenery of The North (or beyond - Scotland, right?) :smiley:

Best regards

Stephen

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.