AI generated ageing

Good evening again
I tried an ageing simulator and made this music video out of it (it’s a bit dark). I am happy about criticism or even questions. Best regards, Tom.

6 Likes

Scary (for someone my age) but beautiful.

One criticism maybe… I feel like the candle should have aged as well. A lot of additional work I’m sure, but it would have been a nice additional effect.

1 Like

Hello MusicalBox, thank you, a good idea! For example, I could have cut a short piece from the candle to represent the aged candle.
Kind regards

Good morning,
Thank you for your editing which I cannot do, as you ask for constructive criticism I will add to the suggestion of Musical box this, the pianist although in the shadows attracts more attention than the aging frame which is in my humble review too small and aging a little slow you have to fix the frame to perceive the slow transformation.
I send you my compliments, the idea is good, the staging also as well as the technique of aging, I repeat to myself that I cannot do only with SC.
Cordially.

2 Likes

Nice idea, @Tomade , and really effectively done. I like the piano music. Bravo. The scariest thing about ageing is when it actually happens - not just on an AI program… :wink: :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

A great idea.
In my eyes it shakes a bit too much. Filmed without a tripod?
But maybe that was intended?!

1 Like

I actually thought that the shaking was a good point - sort of enhanced the surreal character…

1 Like

Hello Epsilon85, thank you for your feedback. I had similar feelings about the slow change of the portrait - It came out too subtile and slow for the taste of my inner perfectionist. Perhaps I also should consider testing the impression / frame if it also works on big and small screens, too. Thank you again.
Greetings from Leipzig

Thanks jonray! Yes, i feel that every year small things accumulate… regular gymnastics helps me a lot to stay mobile when I am constantly sitting in front of the piano or the computer, haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello thegrobi - thank you. The camera was on a tripod and I filmed the scene in a wider frame in 4K to have the possibility to crop in a little bit an make the footage intentional shaky. But now that you mention it, it really wobbles a bit too much.

I made two screenshots for those how are interested. The second picture is the original recording without the “ageing-clip”. The ageing-clip is masked and corner pined into the frame (first picture). The faked camera wiggling is added afterwards ontop of the rendered clip in a further shotcutsession.
Greetings from Leipzig

2 Likes

Good job! Interesting idea with aging photo and realised well. It seems to me that the emphasizing of the sence of “Momento Mori” can be strengthened. For example, if in the first part of the clip a full candle is shown as placed on the piano. And at the end, when the photo is aged and leaving - to show the burning and fading candle placed at the table near to the photo.

1 Like

Hello Aler. There is even a version with the candle directly on the piano. It’s a good idea, the one with the burnt candle. So obvious, actually. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.