After Crash Auto reload shifts and adds frames of every element except audio

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 64 bit

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

Twice now on projects when the program crashes when I load up auto saved files it for whatever reason shifts every single thing on the timeline forward messing up the audio sync. This wouldn’t be as much of a problem if it also didn’t add an extra frame to every single element on the timeline. This has screwed me over on two back to back projects now. I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar issue.

Can you provide any more details?

• Video Mode settings (click on Output, then Properties) Resolution, FPS
  • Source Video specifications (click on a clip, then Properties) Please show screenshot.
  • Any steps to make it crash, or what was happening when it crashed?

Are these extra frames just blank spaces?

They are extra frames.

Video Mode: Automatic
Source video: 640 x 360 PROXY
I only had Shotcut open sometimes I have Microsoft Edge open but basically it crashed and a pop up came up saying there was a terminal memory failure. This is annoying because I already have 16GB of RAM and am already rendering at a pretty low resolution.

Try this:

More specific… need to know the properties of the source video file.
Open up a new project without proxy, open video file, then go to properties (may already be on that window.
Example of what I’m looking for.
shotcut_2021-10-16_16-22-00

I figured out the issue was that I was using proxies and that what was going on in practice would not be accurate when I finally exported so turning off proxies was the solution. The project got published so all went well thank you for posting a response :slight_smile: