It would be nice to have the bitrate information for both video and audio listed in their respective tabs in the Properties panel. It’s basic information that would be very useful to have on hand and not buried in the More Information option.
Can you elaborate on the use case for this? Maybe you have multiple audio tracks and you want to choose the one with the highest bitrate (and therefore quality)? Why else would the bitrate matter for editing?
If you are generally interested in encoding statistics, then I do not think we want to put those in a prominent spot in Shotctut because that would be a slippery slope - people would also request GOP size/structure, tiles, profile, level, etc. – where would we stop?
To add video and audio bitrate information to a file’s properties, follow these steps:
- File Explorer: Right-click on the video file and select “Properties” from the context menu.
- In the Properties window, go to the “Details” tab.
- Scroll down to find the “Video Bitrate” and “Audio Bitrate” fields (if available). If not, you may need to use a specialized media player or a third-party tool to view this information.
- Finder: Right-click (or Control-click) on the video file and select “Get Info” from the context menu.
- In the Info window that appears, click on the triangle next to “More Info” to expand the details.
- Look for “Video Bitrate” and “Audio Bitrate” fields. If this information is not present, consider using a media player or third-party application to view it.
Remember, not all video formats and codecs store bitrate information in their metadata. In such cases, you might need to use a media player or a specialized tool to analyze the file and retrieve this information. Additionally, some media players offer plugins or extensions that can display detailed file information, including bitrates.
Always ensure you’re using a reliable and trusted tool or software when working with file properties to avoid any unintended changes or alterations. You can read the Video Bitrate @ https://www.gudsho.com/blog/video-bitrate/