Add many images without overwrite the previous (superposition)

Hello !
I just started with Shotcut and saw some tutorials. Sorry, I’m french, i’m trying to do my best with english.
So… here’s my question.
I got one video on timeline and I want to add an image, then an other, then other etc… while video is playing but without overwrite the previous image.
It’s ok, I can add a video track. But if I have 10 images to add and I need to keep them on screen (for exemple one in corner left then an other appears in corner right and an other etc…), do I have to create 10 videos tracks ? The first image needs to stay visible when the last image happens.
I hope I’m clear !
Thanks for your answers !

That is one way. Another way would be to edit your images to make 10 collages (the first with 1 image showing in the position and size required, the second with 2 images … the 10th with all 10 images.

Then put these images on the track above the video, Choreographing each image’s appearance as necessary.

C’est une façon. Une autre façon serait d’éditer vos images pour faire 10 collages (le premier avec 1 image montrant dans la position et la taille requises, le second avec 2 images … le 10ème avec les 10 images.

Ensuite, placez ces images sur la piste au-dessus de la vidéo, en chorégraphiant l’apparence de chaque image si nécessaire.

If you do it with 10 different tracks you will have to apply 10 Size, Position & Rotate filters - one on each track. This filter is CPU-hungry and having 10 of them working concurently may be a bit challenging for your computer.

Si vous le faites avec 10 pistes différentes, vous devrez appliquer 10 filtres de taille, de position et de rotation - un sur chaque piste. Ce filtre est gourmand en CPU et avoir 10 d’entre eux fonctionnant simultanément peut être un peu difficile pour votre ordinateur.

First, thanks for your answer.
I hadn’t thought about the collages. It could be good but I’d like each picture appears with rotation or movement on the video.
It’s just for an intro so there’ll be 10 tracks but only during a few seconds, maybe 30.
I was thinking there was an other way for superposition on the same track but it seems not !
Again, thanks for your help !

I too was thinking that you might want some sort of transition for each image as it appeared. This would rule out the “Collage” method. So I’m afraid that you will have to do it as separate tracks and use the “SP&R” filter and possibly the “Opacity” filter.

Good luck with your project and let us know how you get on.

Moi aussi, je pensais que vous voudriez peut-être une sorte de transition pour chaque image telle qu’elle apparaît. Cela exclurait la méthode “Collage”. J’ai donc peur que vous deviez le faire en tant que pistes séparées et utiliser le filtre “SP&R” et éventuellement le filtre “Opacité”.

Bon courage pour ton projet et dis-nous comment tu avances.

1 Like

I’ll try with many tracks. I don’t know if I was clear in my explications. Give you what I want to do.
My main video on track 1 is, for example, a video game gameplay.
At the begining I want the word (as a picture worked under a Photopea) “Welcome” appears at the top of screen, then the word “In My” appears below, and then the word “New Video” appears below etc…
I was thinking, as they are not at the same position I could do like a mask or thing like that.

Yes, you can do this with a single track above your video track. Say you have 3 lines of text and you want each to appear separately 1 at 0 secs, 2 at 5 secs, 3 at 10 secs. I would do it this way:

• Put a transparent clip on track V2.
  • Cut it into 3 sections at 5 secs and 10 secs.
  • Put a Text: Simple filter on each of these 3 clips, the 1st. saying: “Welcome”, the 2nd saying “Welcome[new line]to my”, the 3rd saying “Welcome[new line]to my{new line]New Video”.
  • Put a Mask: Simple Shape on each clip covering the new words for that clip.
  • Put a Mask: Apply filter following the other mask filter.
  • In-between the 2 mask filters put a “SP&R” filter to rotate and size etc. the words.

Et voilà! Since this is in effect a “Collage of Words” it would also work with the “Collage of images”.

Oui, vous pouvez le faire avec une seule piste au-dessus de votre piste vidéo. Supposons que vous ayez 3 lignes de texte et que vous souhaitiez que chacune apparaisse séparément 1 à 0 secondes, 2 à 5 secondes, 3 à 10 secondes. je procéderais ainsi :

• Mettez un clip transparent sur la piste V2.
  • Coupez-le en 3 sections à 5 secondes et 10 secondes.
  • Mettre un Texte : Filtre simple sur chacun de ces 3 clips, le 1er. disant : “Bienvenue”, le 2e disant “Bienvenue [nouvelle ligne] à ma”, le 3e disant “Bienvenue [nouvelle ligne] à ma {nouvelle ligne]Nouvelle vidéo”.
  • Mettez un masque : forme simple sur chaque clip couvrant les nouveaux mots de ce clip.
  • Mettez un masque : appliquez le filtre suivant l’autre filtre de masque.
  • Entre les 2 filtres de masque, mettez un filtre “SP&R” pour faire pivoter et dimensionner etc. les mots.

Et voilà! Puisqu’il s’agit en fait d’un “Collage de mots”, cela fonctionnerait également avec le “Collage d’images”.

You don’t have to do it on a single track. You can do it on the 10 track system. Especially as I have seen that you wouldn’t use the Text:Simple filter, but would have images with the words on them. But the process is essentially the same: Mask:Simple Shape + Size, Position & Rotate filter + Mask: apply filter.

Vous n’êtes pas obligé de le faire sur une seule piste. Vous pouvez le faire sur le système à 10 pistes. D’autant plus que j’ai vu que vous n’utiliseriez pas le filtre Text:Simple, mais que vous auriez des images avec les mots dessus. Mais le processus est essentiellement le même : Masque : filtre de forme simple + taille, position et rotation + masque : appliquer le filtre.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.