Add gradient to overlay png image

Hey all,

So far, not having much luck with this.
I am trying to add a png graphic as an overlay to my video. I would like to add a gradient (fade from transparent to black) to the graphic.
When I tried to use the Gradient filter, it wants to fade the entire screen, not just the graphic that was selected when the filter was applied. Obviously I am doing something wrong or trying to do something it can’t.
Thoughts?
Cheers,
MadDogDean

Select the image on the timeline, then move Gradient to the top of the filter list.
In my example, I am dragging and dropping the filter. The arrow boxes next to the clipboard paste symbol work as well.
shotcut_2022-09-07_15-47-21

J’ai toujours cru qu’il fallait placer Mask: Apply après le/les filtres Mask: Simple Shape.
Quel est l’intérêt de le placer avant ?

I always thought that Mask: Apply should be placed after the Mask: Simple Shape filter(s).
What is the point of putting it before?

I’m glad you noticed @Namna . I understood that was case too but here is what happens when I initially did that.That was partly why I posted my more complicated (than Hudsons) filters because I don’t understand why that has worked as it has?

Thanks all,
@PaulusMaximus That’s what happened to me, the whole screen was gradiated
@Hudson555x Mine started ut exactly as you showed with Gradient being the second filter

I’ll give it all a whirl today.

Cheers,
MadDogDean

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.