About add shadow in letters

Dears,
I would like to know how I can add shadow effect to the descripction in my videos.
I don’t know if there is an option in shotcut to change letters with shadow effect.

Like this one:

This video shows how to do it.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!

Hi @Fireturtle94
If you want the shadows to be slightly blurred (as in your image) you can create your texts with Photoshop, Gimp, Photopea or any other similar application. Simply put your text on a transparent background, apply Drop Shadow and any other effect you want, export as a PNG and use it in your Shotcut project. If you are given a choice when exporting the PNG, use PNG-24.

Tip : When I use Photoshop for text: First, in Shotcut I go to the position in the timeline where I want the text to be displayed and I do a screen capture (File -> Export frame). Next I create a new file in Photoshop (same dimensions as the video project), then I use the screen capture as a temporary background layer. It makes it easier to choose where I will position the text on the screen and what the effects will look like. When I’m satisfied with the result, I hide or delete this background layer and export the PNG image.

It may seem like a lot of work just for text, by really, to me at least, it’s not very much longer than using Text:Simple.

Or to do that all in Shotcut put your text shadow on another clip and lower video track and apply a blur filter to it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.