Today I made a project with several clips, music, and masks (simple form).
The filters included in the project were:
Several audio and video input and output fades
Independent size and position filter for each clip
I applied the two-pass normalization filter and the bass and treble filter to the audio track.
I did two exports in the default Youtube preset (one with the hardware encoder on and the other off).
I found that the mp4 file resulting from the export via libx264 was smaller than the file resulting from the export with the h264 nvenc hardware encoder.
I thought the hardware encoding was faster. On my PC it was not so with this project.
Also, as a side effect, the hardware export desynchronized the audio (it sounds earlier). Is this within expectations?
I’m using version 20.06.14 Beta so I’m indicating this in case it influences something. I made my project with proxy 360p
My project did not include any keyframes.
I also had some incidence where suddenly the top clip was not visible in the preview window. Also in some clips, the applied effects did not appear in the preview window. After saving the project. I closed Shotcut and opened the project again and somehow everything worked again.
I also report that when I trimmed individual clips from the track (proxy) the individual clips did not show the proxy suffix. After a restart, they all showed the proxy suffix, so I guess somehow the connection between the clip and the proxy is broken (my guess only).
Anyway, I completed the project successfully and it’s great to handle several filters with a substantial improvement of the preview smoothness.
Although it’s not a big deal (I didn’t spend much time on it) here I share that video.