What is your operating system?
What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?
Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
I have exported a MP3-File with shotcut which is 2:45 Minutes long. And if I import this file into another Video Project in Shotcut this Audio-File is only 01:22 Minutes long. Where is the rest of the file?
The original Audio-File:
And the “cut” Audio-File directly after importing and without editing:
I CAN in fact "fix this by setting the exact length of the Audio-File in the Audio-Tab of the Track then it seems to work fine but only after this “fix” and Wave-Visuals are not calculated for this one. And this feels a bit like hacking and I dont know how “safe” this is.
I tried to reproduce this. But I am not able. Here are my steps:
- Open a video file that is longer than 2:45
- Drag the file to the timeline
- Trim the file to 2:45:00
- Open the Export panel, choose the audio->WAV preset, and export
- Close the project and make a new project
- Open the exported WAV file
- Drag the wav file to the timeline
- Observe that the opened file is 2:45 and the waveform displays for the whole file
Maybe there is a detail that I am missing to cause the problem. Can anyone else recreate the issue?
I couldn’t reproduce either.
We see that @Snickbrack used at least two file format for his exported file. So I used 3 clips of different formats myself (MP3. MKV and FLAC)
30 seconds before exporting.
30 seconds after importing in another project.
So I finally found some time to prepare something.
Just a simple track: CJ - Whoopty
Imported into Shotcut:
Re-Import into a new fresh Shotcut Project:
I have also attached the test.mp3-File here (Sadly the mp3-Extension is not allowed here so its a Zip now):
test.zip (4.1 MB)
I can set the exact time of the MP3-File to the one in the new fresh project and its finely usable but now looks like this:
I have used these exporting settings to export to MP3:
I reproduce in 384k with the mp3_mf codec you have selected.
Use the libmp3lame codec suggested when you select export to mp3.
The parameters of the 2 files show: Output bitrate 320Kbits/s.
Can verify that with the “…lame”-Codec it works fine!