A month ago had never edited a video Now I use ShotCut for all my Videos

2 Likes

Just wanted to say Thank You to the creators of this Program along with the ShotCut community that I learned from…Thank You

Glad to hear it works well for you. Did you use Shotcut to make the intro?

Yes everything was done in Shotcut. It’s the only editor I know how to use or even tried to for that matter. Works for what need it for, surprised often at some of the new things I learn you can do with the Editor.

1 Like

I just noticed your post.
Aside from the occasional overlay of the medicinal weed dispenser (wink wink), it’s hard to tell how much editing is involve in the main part of the video. But judging from the intro, you learned a lot in one month. It’s quite impressive :+1:

One piece of advice though. Well not even advice, more of a personal opinion about the music:
It’s ok to use songs you like for the musical background but you should take in consideration that your video is intended (I suppose) for a wide audience. People of all ages, with all kinds of musical tastes. Your video is 13 minutes long. So you have space to include maybe 4 or 5 songs of different genres. You know, to please as many people as possible :slight_smile: Also, and here again it’s a personal opinion, I feel that the volume of the music should be a bit lower. I’d prefer to hear the sound of the engine a little more.

I occasionally drove semis in the 80’ and I’m very impressed by this truck simulator. It’s almost scary how real it looks. In fact, it took me a few seconds to realize it was a simulation. I’m not a big fan of video games, but that I’d like to try.

Thanks so much for your advice and I assure you I will try and learn to take advantage of Everything you mentioned. I still can’t quite make the intros I would like but I’m learning a little bit at a time…also got too caught up into keyframes and greenscreening as these things were very new to someone like myself just learning how to edit so I was amazed at how they worked. Unfortunately the audience is not very wide with this game as it seems like not many people know about it and most everyone I see posting videos are mid 30’s or so men and a few ladies. Because of this I’m looking into another game to maybe do something similar that perhaps has that wide audience. ***Also just made another video and posted this morning but would like your input on how next time I can somehow slow down the music and gain more accuracy on the keyframing…I enjoy making these intros but I would love to become a master at it so I’m a huge critic of myself and only wish to become better. Not sure if I can leave the link here but I’ll try: https://youtu.be/JGiGMt3earE

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.