A few basic Playlist questions

I’m not finding a lot of documentation on the Playlist, so I had a few questions about basic operation. I’m just doing a quick video with photos done as a slideshow. I have the pics in the Playlist, but how can I get them to all default to a different length before I send them to the timeline? Also, how do I create the video without putting them on the timeline? I know I’m missing a few basic concepts here. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can send my way.

Playlist > menu > Add Selected to Slideshow

how do I create the video without putting them on the timeline?

Export > From > Playlist but that does not work for a slideshow as slideshow generator puts its output in the Timeline.

If you want to make each picture in a playlist the same duration, it is different. You need to start with a blank playlist, open one picture in the Source player, change Properties > Duration and click Set Default. Then, add all the photos to the playlist and you can export the playlist as above.

1 Like

Got it, thanks for the help. I see that menu now, so that should set me on the path to where I want to go.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.