I’ve got since a few months a problem with movies with Dolby Surround.
The source is a video file with H.264 codec and 50 fps. The audiolayer has got 6 channels with AC3 codec.
I’m exporting the file with the same audio and video codec, but a lower bitrate.
When I’m changing the framerate to less then 50 fps, I get only a stereo Audio. When I use the same settings but with the original framerate I get a right 6 channel audiolayer.
I’m using the Shotcut version 18.11.18 under Windows 10.
Older versions didn’t have this problem.
Has anyone an idea how i can fix this?
Thanks for any help!
If you change the frame rate or resolution in Export > Advanced, Shotcut uses a special “adapter mode” of export to render the project at project settings (“Video Mode” in Shotcut) and then adapt that output to the export settings. More than likely this adapter does not properly handle the audio channels setting. Basically, if you want 50 fps output, you should be composing in 50 fps to avoid this problem and possibly others. Meanwhile, we will accept this as a bug pending confirmation.
I tried to follow these instructions, but I am unable to recreate the failure. My output file has 6 active channels with the correct sound in each channel. I see from your output file that the output has 6 channels, but there is only sound in the first two. We will need someone else to see if they can also recreate the problem.