5 Ways to Re-Use Filters and Effects on Shotcut, Aside from Copy-Paste to Speed Up Editing

Here are some useful tips on copying and re-using filters and effects that can help you work more efficiently, saving time, on Shotcut.

I hope at least one of the tips was useful for you. I definitely use these techniques every time I edit on Shotcut.

9 Likes

Love it!
That last tip with the MLT templates was new to me. Never thought of doing that. That’s awesome.

And thanks for mentioning my channel. I appreciate it. :+1:

1 Like

Nice tutorial. In Premier Pro, we can use Adjustment Layer and now this can be the alternative for Shotcut.

2 Likes

Premiere pro is the standard. It’s always good for Shotcut to be able to match functionalities

Glad I was able to introduce something new to a pro like you! I got tired of doing the same thing over and over. Since Shotcut doesn’t have a preset ecosystem, I think saved MLT files is the key to finally creating some sort of a pre-saved effects library.

1 Like

excuse me?

2 Likes

That was really bentaculous. (Bentacular - fabulous)

2 Likes

Merci pour ce tutoriel qui comme les autres est riche d’enseignements et explicite.

1 Like

Vous ĂŞtes le bienvenu comme toujours!

Nice one @bentacular, great tips! Keep 'em coming!

1 Like

Thank you sir!

I have watched dozens of tutorials over the past year and a half and you get the idea that 96% of the guys making the tutorials has watched a few tutorials and they record one of their own, and so you have learned nothing but wasted your time watching them.i knew that much in 1/2 hour the first day of using shotcut ,but you have to thank bentacular for his work because the man digs to the core of shotcut and i have learned something new from every tutorial he has ever made, you the man sir,thanks much

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you for the amazing compliment! Thank you for watching and inspiring me to make more tutorials!

1 Like

Thanks for this tutorial! I could have used your tip on putting a filter on a audio track! I had to decrease the volume for each slice.

1 Like

Well, moving forward this should help you

I have watched dozens of tutorials over the past year and a half and you get the idea that 96% of the guys making the tutorials has watched a few tutorials and they record one of their own, and so you have learned nothing but wasted your time watching them.i knew that much in 1/2 hour the first day of using shotcut ,but you have to thank bentacular for his work because the man digs to the core of shotcut and i have learned something from every tutorials of his.

3 Likes

Thank you for the amazing compliment!