200 Subscribers (Made with Shotcut)

Happy Sunday fellow Shotcutters,

AJ here with another Made with Shotcut video. I just made a quick video to thank all of the Creatures of The NIGHT for helping me reach 200 subscribers. For the intro, I am using quick cuts, opacity, scaling up and down of letters to create a chaotic front bump. For the copy, I am using @jonray ‘s typewriter text technique. And for the fireworks display, I am using 6 different video tracks of pyro. To make the display feel cohesive, I applied saturation, glow, and rotation to angle the pyro just right. There is also a video track with two frames of white every time an explosion goes off.

If any of you fellow Shotcutters have questions about Shotcut or want to collab on future YT projects - don’t be shy. Say “Hello.” :wave: Thanks for watching. Keep on Shotcutting everyone and stay safe!

X A X

CUSTOM THUMBAIL - 200 SUBSCRIBERS - AVENUENIGHTS

Typewriter Text Effect

6 Likes

Congratulations, @AVENUENIGHTS!

I know from experience how difficult it can be to reach that goal.

1 Like

Wow ! Well done. I love the quick cuts. It all fits the music very well. And nice typewriter effect :slight_smile:

And yes, congratulations on reaching 200 subs :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Impressive. I imagine it was a lot or work to make that look so good and dynamic. Well done.

1 Like

That’s really slick editing, @AVENUENIGHTS. Love it - yes you must have put a lot of effort into that!! :+1: :+1:

Embarrassingly (to me) I had actually forgotten I made that tutorial!! I never actually put it onto YouTube. And I just spent a whole week, guess what - making another tutorial on typewriter text!! DOH!!

Never mind - my new tutorial shows slightly different techniques and I’ll be posting it soon (hopefully in a few days).

Anyway, your video is fantastic and thanks for trying out my typewriter text!!

1 Like

Impressive! How do you design a project like this from idea to timeline? Do you make storyboards on paper first, or just jump into Shotcut and see where inspiration takes you?

3 Likes

Great question. I often wonder how others complete the idea to edit process.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you and thank you for watching!

Appreciate it! I’ve been using Shotcut for some time now so I’ve gotten into the groove when it comes to making videos. I also use stock footage and B Roll when ever I can. Cuts down on the video making time - exponentially.

Thank you!!! And thank you for the typewriter text. Your tutorial was easy enough for a non-coder like me to figure out. Please message me when your NEW video is up. I’d love to take a look.

Thanks Austin! How do I design a project like this? I would like to say that I make storyboards or conceptualize on paper but honestly it’s all done in my head. I’ve been working with Shotcut for some time now so I’ve got a pretty good understanding about how video tracks and comps need to be laid out. This video in particular took 5 comps to get to final render.

The idea usually starts with a piece of music. I heard “Go To Sleep” by Zombie Thirteen and thought it would be perfect for a quick subscriber shout out. The visuals for this video actually come from WWE and wrestlers pointing to the Wrestlemania sign.

1 Like

Sorry in advance for the delayed responses. Just got back from work and I honestly wasn’t expecting the feedback. Thank you Shotcut fam for being so supportive!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.