Whenever I try make a new text preset it opens another tab but no option to make the preset appears

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
I am using SC v. 21.12.24
I believe it is 64 bit a may be wrong about that

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

So. In filters i add text: simple to a transparent colour,
use a preset I made called captions , then I tried to make a new preset. at the bottom of my screen another shotcut logo appears and the panel saying save new preset does not appear.
Everything i click makes a funny sound, the only way to stop this at this point is to close the logo on the panel by right clicking it.

I am unable to make new presets :frowning: pls help me

Maybe if you click on the other shotcut logo the dialog will come to the front?

Nothing happened :pensive:

I do not reproduce it. Please send a screenshot. Sounds like a modal dialog problem. You might need to reset your Shotcut settings or reinstall Shotcut. The “Everything i click makes a funny sound, the only way to stop this at this point is to close” is normal when a modal dialog is open because modal means you need to do answer the dialog before anything else, which is common software behavior.