When exporting from Source and not Timeline shotcut seems to ignore that some filters are disabled

What is your operating system?
Ubuntu 18.04

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

Repeatable. I have png image with the list of filters and I uncheck Size, Position & Rotate (=filter disabled). Next I make export from Source (very short period of time), the Size, Position & Rotate filter behaves like being enabled (=active). And zooming (using keyframes) is being done. While it’s expected that it shouldn’t.

I also checked with FadeIn filter. This is the same story. Filter works despite is unchecked (=disabled).

Was unable to reproduce on Windows. SPR in this screenshot has a keyframed zoom. The exported file was a static image when all filters were disabled, which is the expected result. Maybe this is unique to Linux?

I’m not sure but I was wondering if on Linux instead of taking the current project (stored in memory), it takes the last saved project. Is that possible that saving (or not saving) the project before export makes the difference here?

Have you saved your project before export?

My very brief test was on an unsaved project.

So it’s even more strange. As I deleted fully Size, Position & Rotate filter without saving. And when exporting… it’s still visible (I mean zooming is work).

I feel like being drunken :stuck_out_tongue: (even if I’m definitely not :stuck_out_tongue: )

I did not reproduce it.

When I saved the project before export, it was ok.

@shotcut, is that possible that on Linux, export is being done is some other way than on Windows? I mean in particular IN data?

I tested on Linux, and to answer that question, of course there are in thousands of tiny details but not in this area.
If you are using Copy Timeline to Source, what you are trying to do is not supported.
Show the job’s XML for one of these that has the disabled filter that appears in the resulting video.

Is source updated when changing filters later (after clicking “Copy Timeline to Source”)? Is that some kind of link or is that that “Copy Timeline to Source” creates a copy and not a link?

Copy Timeline to Source saves the project and then tells Source player to open the project file as a clip. So, any changes you make in the Timeline afterwards but do not save are not known. This is basically automating File > Save followed by File > Open MLT XML as Clip. Also, Copy Timeline to Source is already removed for the next version.

Thanks a lot for this explanation. And that explains everything. I was sure that Source is just another view on my project. So even when not saving and doing some modifications they should be visible also on Source. AFAIU the design is different. Thus I propose to close this bug report with the comment that it’s by design. I’m only wondering if there is any way to avoid such surprises like mine to other users but not sure hot to do that. Perhaps some additional hint message would be some kind of solution…?