Versions 180801, 180811, 180814 hangs or crashes in windows

Hi, is it just my machine that causes Shotcut to hang or just close. I have downloaded each of the new versions of Shotcut, but each time I uninstall them and reinstall version 180508, as this version seems to be the most stable. I am running the 32 bit versions. If any one can help I would appreciate it.
Thanks

What are your computer specifications?
Just simply opening up Shotcut with nothing loaded causes these problems? If not, what steps can someone do replicate the problem?

Hi Hudson555x

My laptop is an Intel i7 6core CPU
Toshiba Satellite P500
1 Terabite Hard Drive space
16 Gig DDR3 Memory
Running Windows 10 OS Build 17134.228

I can open Shotcut, no problems. But when I load an existing project, it sometimes comes up with (Shotcut not responding) and then either just shuts down or just hangs. I don’t know if I could send you the file it is quite a big file, but then the pictures and videos would not be with it as it is still in “Project Form”

I hope this helps

Thank you for your prompt reply

Yes, you can upload your MLT file here.
Just drag/drop files into the reply window.

Uploading your Shotcut Log file here too may help the dev’s or others try to figure out what’s going on.
get%20log%20file%201
get%20log%20file%202

<a class=“attachmenKruger Us Lize Keith.mlt (103.9 KB)
t” href="/uploads/default/original/2X/6/690f0814438c745b570c7fc3987d7127d46ab3a6.txt">shotcut-log.txt (21.5 KB)

shotcut-log.txt (62.7 KB)

Thank you Hudson555x

From your MLT this is the only thing that looks odd to me.
Not sure if it’s a bug.
What is supposed to be at 9:53?
Try removing whatever is there, then putting it back in place.
shotcut%20black%20code

Have you tried installing Shotcut on the C drive?
From both your mlt, and your shotcut log, you’re running Shotcut Version 18.05.08.
From the log file it shows it doesn’t like Shotcut being on the F drive. All kinds of errors in the file.
[Warning] <> file:///F:/Program Files/Shotcut/share/shotcut/qml/timeline/Clip.qml:146: TypeError: Cannot read property 'isMute' of null

Not sure where you’re downloading Shotcut from, but for anyone else reading, you can download 18.08.14 (latest at the time of posting) from here:
https://shotcut.org/blog/new-release-180814/

Thank you Hudson555x
I will unistall it from the “F” drive and try it on the C drive.

I wil try that and get back to you

That strange “resource” property on the color producer is fine. It is strange and not ideal, but it happens regularly and does not matter since it still gives black.