Version Check Error

When I first upgraded to 16.06, the new version checking feature worked, but lately I’ve started to get the error shown in the attached screenshot.

This is on Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit. It works fine on my Xubuntu install.

Working fine for me on Windows 10. Maybe the times you checked it there was a problem anywhere between your seat and the server.

I guess that’s possible, although my home machine is dual boot so if it was a communications problem, I would think I would have the problem on both sides. When I got to work this morning, I saw that my work machine has the same issue. It’s also Windows 10. I downloaded and upgraded to 16.06.08 but that did not make a difference. I’ll try my home machine again tonight.

Sorry, but I do not know what the problem is. Maybe someone else will fix it. I’m tired.

This was fixed in v16.07 by using HTTP instead of HTTPS to retrieve the JSON file.