V19.01 BETA now available

Hi - clicking on the new HTML templates doesn’t seem to direct me to the appropriate folder where the files are - i.e. share/shotcut/qml/filters/webvfx/templates.
Should it?

overlay%20html%20screenshot%20for%20forum

Seems to point to a random folder on my desktop. I think it’s the last folder I accessed.

No. Go there yourself in a file manager if you want to. Otherwise, click on a Template name starts a new one. If you are using the project folder feature, this should create it automatically and go to the editor.

Sorry, but I cannot follow what you did and help you. This is your mess and not a bug as far as I can tell.

You cannot.

OK, thanks, Dan. I wasn’t using the Project folder. I did navigate to the blue middle bar html. Will experiment.

Fails to load audio files

So I tried using shotcut on Ubuntu to see if there are any big differences in performance but when I tried to import an audio file by clicking and dragging it to the preview area it came up with an error saying “Failed to load [file path of audio]”. I tried using both MP3 and WAV formats and the exact same error occured. The same error occured when dragging audio into the playlist.
(I can’t send a screenshot right now since I’m on mobile but I’ll try tomorrow at some point)
I have not tested this bug on windows yet since I’m gonna try to stick with the latest v18 release for now until v19 goes out of beta

Also if it does have any significance, I was running Ubuntu on a virtual machine with 8gb ram, 4 cores, 64gb total allocated storage

Unable to reproduce.

Ok well as soon as I have access to my PC I’ll send you a screenshot and hopefully some logs or something. Also the shotcut I got in Ubuntu was from the Ubuntu software app and not from the official site so maybe that might have something to do with it. Try using the store version.

That is the snap, which I produce from the portable tar. I pushed it to the store already because many Linux users are suffering from a crash on startup. There is an urgency to this new release and the beta will be very short.

These changes do not apply here. The H.264 option in the Convert/Reverse dialog is not lossless, and the ProRes option do not have the same quality % problem that Export had.

Ok i’m on py pc now.
here’s the error

You’re on VirtualBox?

yea I said that in my first bug report on this thread

This is fixed for the release. It was a problem handling dropped files with special characters - in this case - in the file name. File > Open was not affected by this bug.

ok ok that makes sense. Thanks for fixing that!

Hi, when i add a text filter, in the text box i can’t add characters like: á â ä … but with “Open Other -> Text” it can be done, and now the first text filter also can do.

This is not new for version 19.01, I usually copy and paste the text from an external application to be able to use this type of characters.

I use GNU/Linux and Shotcut 19.01.19

Best regards.

This is a bug in Qt on Linux as far I can tell and will not be fixed for the release. It works on macOS and Windows. Even the flatpak, which is using Qt 5.11 instead of 5.6 has the problem, which surprised me. The reason it works for Open Other dialog is because they are using different Qt technologies. Open Other is using classic widgets while the filters use QML Quick (TextArea in this case). I tried searching the web a little to find more about this, but I did not find anything.

One minor bug with the new simple scroll overlay.
Some part of the text always remains on screen no matter which direction the scroll is set to. Duration of the clip does not matter.

Project demonstrating the problem.

simple_scroll.zip (17.7 KB)

This is fixed for the release. Needed to add margin: 0; to <style> body.