Using mirror filter causes shutdown

I want to make a small demo combining SVG graphics (edited by me) with the Dance Visualization filter. The idea is to combine this effect with multitrack audio.
However, before reaching this point, I have problems with the mirror filter.
If I use the “Mirror” filter first and then the “Size and Position” filter SC goes off.

However, if I reverse the order (filter “Size and position” and then filter “mirror”) there is no problem.
If I place the “mirror” filter before the “Size and position” filter, Shutdown occurs.

this is normal?

Operating system and equipment

Shotcut 19.04.30
Windows 10 Home Version 1809 17763.475
Intel Core i5-7400 3.00GHz 16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

No, but I have not been able to reproduce it using my own SVG. I added first Rotate and Scale as you have done. What is on V1? Can you upload a small project and your SVG?

There is a known issue that including some filters before Size and Position or Rotate and Scale does not let the filter apply. So, you would have to order Mirror after those, but it obviously should not crash.

In the project (it’s a test, it’s not even a project) there are the following:
Track V1: Background (illustration JPG 1920 x 1080)
Track V2: Clipart SVG created by me in Inkscape of an electric bass Ibanez GSR 180 BS
Track V3: Clipart SVG created by me in Inkscape of an electric guitar Ibanez GRG 140 SB
Track V4: Clipart SVG created by me in Inkscape from a chick.

In the temporary link, you will find the media files and the project .mlt file that I used in this test.

Mirror mirror

There is no hurry because I just wanted to explore the feature of SVG files without converting to PNG.
I don’t even have a specific video project in mind, so while I clear ideas :thinking:, I read the posts here in the forum and recreate the user’s query.
This way I’m learning a lot of things.:grinning:
Thanks Dan.

I reproduce this now but no fix yet.

It is good to know that you can already reproduce the incidence.
Thank you for your effort. :+1:

This is fixed for the next release v19.06.

1 Like

It’s great, knowing you tracked down the cause and you could fix it. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.