Unable to either save or export in windows 10

Yesterday I installed a copy of Shotcut on a desktop (AMD A6 processor) running Linux Mint 18.3 which, so far works fine. As the processor of the desktop is not idle for transcoding I have today installed another copy on a Dell laptop which has an i5 CPU running Windows 10.

The issue I have is this, I am unable to save a project or export an edited video, attempting either give a:-

File not found
Check the file name and try again

Can any help

Regards
DAB

Can you see the file saved from Linux Shotcut, in Windows File Explorer? The file structures from Linux vs. Windows are two different animals.

Although I’m not quite sure which computer you’re having the problem with. Posting log files may help.

I was just stating that when I use the Linux OS version of Shotcut there are no problems.

When I try using the Windows 10 version I am unable to save a ‘.mlt’ file or export a ‘.mp4’, I get the same error for both:-

File not found
Check the file name and try again

I do not understand the error, what is it looking for? I am trying to save/export a file not load one.

Regards
DAB

Are you logged in as an admin account? I’m wondering if your HD is locked to changes as a user. It seems like a permissions issue.

If you are, try starting Shotcut as admin (Right-click icon > Run as Administrator)

If the above fails. Read this thread:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/cant-save-to-documents-folder-after-fall-creators/b1274473-6dcd-4bbf-8040-6ba1bc79287f?auth=1