Two screens et panel filter

Good evening,
1 - I have two screens, which allows me to slide the viewer on the second and book the first for the other panels.
Everything works fine except when I restart the pc, there is more visualizer. I have to set the external monitor menu to none and restart the application to find the viewer. Where does it come from?
2 - The Filters panel is not compressible when you want to give a big place to the Timeline by going up the 3 points. This can be common when there are more than 7 or 8 tracks. You have to take out the filter panel in order to realize this situation. Is there a solution ?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

First, you have not specified your OS and version of Shotcut.

Are you using Settings > External Monitor?

Everything works fine except when I restart the pc, there is more visualizer. I have to set the external monitor menu to none and restart the application to find the viewer. Where does it come from?

It is a bug in the source code.

This is not a bug; it is limitation because the panel has a minimum size. It is useless below a certain size so you ought to simply close it instead. You need to decide how to work with it by closing it, moving it to another location, or floating it.

I found this is a bug introduced in version 18.11.x. Previous versions work fine in this regard.

On any window, look for this button. This is pop out that particular window.
2018-12-08_03-52-46

And within the Timeline use this neat tool.
2018-12-08_03-56-46

1 Like

This is fixed for the next version 18.12.x

Hello,
My apologies for forgetting: Windows 10 and ShotCut 18.11.18. To place the viewer, I make Settings → External Monitor → Screen 1.
Thanks for your help.

Thank you very much and a hello from France.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.