Timeline will not work

Hello, I have been having this problem for a couple of months now, but it is still happening to me. The timeline basically won’t work, it won’t let me select anything, add audio tracks or video tracks. Basically won’t let me add anything, or let me select buttons or options (however you call it)
I don’t want to sound pushy but I have complained about this twice and my complaint hasn’t had enough info. apparently, does anyone else have this problem? I cant edit anything basically and it’s really inconveniencing. Is there a way to fix it?
(note, I have had tried downloading other versions and old updates and it still won’t work)

1 Like

On what system?

The problem in you earlier topic is the lack of information and the corresponding post for requesting support was linked. So, could you please follow the post and write some informations? Especially the following ones:

Oh I see, thank you for sending me this
(I am on a surface pro if that helps)
I am on windows 10, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7300U 2.60GHz 2.71GHz
I have 4.00 GB of installed RAM,
I save as mp4
Resolution is automatic
( will try to add this to my post if I can)

Microsoft, surface pro

A WIN-tablet? That’s the reason!

Really? I never knew! I always thought it would be easier on a computer or with a mouse but I never knew it was because I had a tablet, thank you so much for telling me I would have never guessed myself

This timeline bug is just bizarre because it makes the whole program useless – the forum would be flooded with requests. I guess there was nobody who tested that on a Windows tablet before and therefore this behaviour has never been reported.
The developers would need a Windows tablet to reproduce this behaviour and then try to fix it but I honestly do not think that there are enough people affected to undergo this effort.
You can surely ask though.

1 Like

Thank you for the information, it is very appreciated.

My pleasure :slightly_smiling_face:.

You should try changing Settings > Display Method. Some computers work better with OpenGL and others with DirectX. Only try Software as a last resort because it is slow.

The only time I have problems is that sometimes when shotcut loads the keyframes is selected instead of timeline so when you try to drag a clip to the timeline it won’t let you because you are actually trying to drag it to the keyframes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.