Timeline play is extremely slow

Today I tried to do some editing in SC. Unlike other times, the playback is very delayed in the timeline. Clicking the play button and the fast forward button does not not speed up the playback. Clicking the timeline further into the video clip is also very slow. I tried playing back a video thinking my computer has a problem but it plays back fine.
I have a windows 10 machine with 8 gig memory and 64 bit. and an I5 processor. I tried closing SC and even did a restart of the laptop. No luck. I would say the computer was just too slow but I have been using SC to do similar editing for months with no problems. I am running the latest version of SC/ Any ideas for a fix?

1 Like

Thanks. This shows how to do fast edits but does not indicate why my system all of a sudden slowed way down. I am still looking for some insight.

1 Like

I just did the proxy fix and I get the same results…slow to non-existent playback. Still looking for the problem fix.

Problem solved. I deleted SC and reinstalled. Now everything works fine including a few features that seemed broken (unable to move time line around the screen). So the program became corrupted somehow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.