Text:Rich filter VUI visible on selected clip, with playhead in different location

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

Have 1 clip on the timeline
Split the clip in at least 2 sections.
Apply Text:Rich Filters (I actually copy/pasted from clip 1 to clip 2).
When the clip is selected, the VUI shows.
Move playhead to the 2nd clip.
Both Rich text filters show in the preview.

This will happen each time the clip is selected with Text:Rich in the top most filter position.

Source MLT
Rich Text VUI.mlt (11.3 KB)

This has come up before, and there was an attempt to fix it that introduced a different problem and had to be reverted. I have not found a solution for this; it is a rather difficult problem.

It seems to me it playes a role which clip in the timeline is selected. So the filter from the actual position and the selected clip will show up. If you deselect the second clip in the last picture, i guess text from clip2 will dissapear - try it? If you just select the same clip the playhead is on, everything will probably be o.k. But anyway a nasty effect…

Je ne sais pas si cela peut vous aider pour les versions V21, mais j’ai résolu ce problème sur ma V20.09 en ajoutant cette ligne dans le vui.qml

I don’t know if this will help you for V21 versions, but I solved this problem on my V20.09 by adding this line in the vui.qml
In Connections / target: producer / onPositionChanged:

videoItem.visible = rectangle.enabled && filter.get('disable') !== '1'

Diapo104

This is fixed for the next release.