@sauron made a Shotcut add-on filter UI for that in his Google Drive. However, that will not work as intended straight out-of-the-box in Shotcut without an additional (included) filter: Size and Position. You need to add that filter, and change Size mode to Distort to make it fill the frame. I should also mention that you should set your Video Mode so the output aspect ratio is set independent of the video you are filtering. At this point, without changing anything in Elastic Scale, Size and Position Distort will stretch the image linearly to fill the frame. Now, you can go into Elastic Scale and increase Non-Linear scale factor to somewhere around 70%. Very cool! And you do need the complicated and expensive Nuke.
All posts are good stuff to follow. Now i have tried to use https://www.shotcut.org/notes/make-plugins/ to create ~/.local/share/Meltytech/Shotcut/qml/filters/ and install .qml files, but they do not show in Shotcut. i tried moving the /qml/ folder around to various locations, but nothing works. I also copied the entire “User Contributed” structure to make sure i did it right (i am doing it wrong). i also tried /.local/share/Meltytech/Shotcut/share and various subfolders.
Please tell me the correct folder structure, thank you.
~/.local/share/Meltytech/Shotcut/share/shotcut/qml/filters $ ls -lh
drwxr-xr-x 2 user user 4.0K Aug 16 12:32 '00 3 level threshold'
drwxr-xr-x 2 user user 4.0K Aug 16 12:32 '00 JRtransition'
drwxr-xr-x 2 user user 4.0K Aug 16 13:03 '00 elastic scale'
drwxr-xr-x 2 user user 4.0K Aug 16 12:33 defishOr
drwxr-xr-x 2 user user 4.0K Aug 16 12:32 webvfx_sniper_scope
~/.local/share/Meltytech/Shotcut/share/shotcut/qml/filters $ ls -lh defishOr/
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 902 Aug 16 10:43 meta.qml
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 7.2K Aug 16 11:10 ui.qml
Also tried ~/.local/share/Meltytech/Shotcut/qml/filters
Also tried ~/Shotcut/share/shotcut/qml/filters which would not make sense, but tried anyway
i “think” i know whats wrong,… it’s looking inside the AppImage compressed file. i would have to --appimage-extract and put them in this extracted structure. ;( i will now research how to create a AppImage to recompress afterward. eesh.