Start time and end time in seconds in the currently selected clip of the file

My goal is to speed up part of a video in shotcut that is shaky.

I am using GoPro’s .LRV files in shotcut that I later replace with the equivalent MP4 files.

I want to use Microsoft Hyperlapse Pro for the speedup.
For MHP I need a start time in seconds(float) and end time in seconds and the file name of the mp4.

So the idea is:

1. Export the file name, start time and end time of the currently selected clip.
  2. Replace .LRV with .MP4
  3. Create new MP4 with MHP.
  4. Create a LRV of this MP4.
  5. Replace the current clip with the new LRV.

Is there an easier way or how do I get the file name, start time and end time of the currently selected clip. The problem also being that I am working with LRV files(just the same content as the mp4 but with much smaller resolution), so working with those(speeding up, jitter correction) needs to be applied to the big mp4 aswell.

1 Like

You can make things easier by using Shotcut to speed up and stabilize.

Create a LRV of this MP4.

You should use Shotcut to make the proxy when LRV is not available to keep things simple and reliable.

Is there an easier way or how do I get the the file name, start time and end time of the currently selected clip.

You can read the project XML; it stores its time in HH:MM:SS with floating point SS. And a little math if needed for HH:MM.

How do I make Shotcut use the LRV instead of computing its own proxies?

Simply have the GoPro LRV for the MP4 in the same folder as the MP4 and ensure proxy is turned on.

As expected, it reencodes proxies even when LRVs are present. It also creates proxies for mp3 and jpg for some reason.

I and many other use it this way just fine. Don’t open the LRV in Shotcut; open the MP4.

It also creates proxies for mp3 and jpg for some reason.

Not for mp3 - well, maybe if you are using some really old version or a mp3 with a video track. And for JPEG is intentional if it is large enough.

It also creates proxies for mp3 and jpg for some reason. I took my file, renamed every lrv to mp4, turned use proxy on and use hardware encoder and there I had it, it reencoded.
It is useless for me to know that it works for everyone else.
Maybe the fact that read from an sd card reader matters?

It does not work like that. That is not what I wrote. Jeez. I’m done helping with this thread.

Show some respect.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.