Stabilise filter missing

Hi!

I’ve been a Shotcut user for a couple of years and I have recently changed computer.

Now I am editing on OS X 10.11.6 and I was using Shocut 19.09.14, but I noticed that the stabilise filter was missing (it did not appear in the list of available filters). Therefore, I installed the latest Shotcut version (20.04.12), hoping that this would solve the issue, but the filter is still missing.
So I went back to my old computer, a Windows 8.1 64-bit machine, and checked there: the filter is present and works fine.

Is there a bug that for some reason makes the stabilise filter disappear on some operating systems but not on others, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

I think it is due to the old version of OS X you are using. I have We are soon going to drop that soon and require at least 10.12. The oldest system I still have connected and running is 10.12, and 20.04.12 on it loads the Stabilize filter (just verified) as well as my 10.14 and 10.15 systems. Also, in case you did not know, it will not appear if a track is selected or GPU effects are turned on.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Going back to Shotcut 18.09.16 brought the filter back, so it seems I’ll have to stick to this one until I upgrade my computer one day, or I’ll just have to shoot videos only using a tripod :wink:

Cheers!

You can have multiple versions of Shotcut. Use old one to stabilize and export.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.