"Some problems in your project" with Ubuntu/AppImage

Hello,

I’m running Shotcut under Ubuntu 16.04 as an AppImage. Every time I launch it and open any previous projects (MLT files), shotcut complains with the “Shotcut noticed some problems in your project” dialogue box. I have opened the MLT file and found that there are references to the temporary folder where Shotcut mounted its file tree in a previous session (execution), as shown:

<property name="resource">/tmp/.mount_ShotcuJcVfyd/usr/bin/share/shotcut/qml/filters/webvfx_clip/filter-clip.html</property>

My workaround consists of:

1. Open each MLT with a text editor (gedit or so) and search for all “/tmp/.mount_Shotcu…”
  2. I create a “filters” folder in my projects’ folder and copy the file tree of each filter under it
  3. Remove all occurrences of “/tmp/.mount_Shotcu…/…/shoucut/qml/” (notice the ending slash)
  4. Save the MLT with a new name, in order to keep the original just in case of disaster

Now the references in my projects look like:
<property name="resource">filters/webvfx_clip/filter-clip.html</property>

I only need to do that when I use a new filter in a project.

Now, my suggestion to developers is that all references were made in terms of a special variable, say “MNTPOINT”, so they would look like:

<property name="resource">$MNTPOINT/usr/bin/share/shotcut/qml/filters/webvfx_clip/filter-clip.html</property>

When loading an MLT file, Shotcut could replace “$MNTPOINT” by the actual value of the point where the tree got mounted in the session.

Please be so kind to correct my workaround and/or suggest any other(s).

Happy Shotcutting

I noticed this problem, which is actually a regression bug, on March 15 and fixed it for the next version 20.04. It did not only affect AppImage.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.