Size and Position

2019-09-23_16-27-08 shotcut_2019-09-23_16-30-24 2019-09-23_16-29-10
Default Shotcut Installation: This filter will be located in the Favorite tab .
This Favorte can be removed/added by clicking on the * symbol.
shotcut_2019-09-23_16-30-40

This filter is used to manipulate the size and placement of a video/image in your video. This filter can also use Keyframes.

Size Modes:

• Fit - Will not enlarge image/video in the Rectangle Control, yet allows image to be scaled down.
  • Fill - Fits any image/video vertically to the Video Mode
  • Distort - Allows resizing to the Rectangle Control, overriding Aspect Ratio of original source

Horizontal fit:

• Left - Aligns to the left side of Rectangle Control
  • Center - Aligns to the center of Rectangle Control
  • Right - Aligns to the right of Rectangle Control

Vertical fit:

• Top - Aligns to the top of Rectangle Control
  • Middle - Aligns to the middle of Rectangle Control
  • Bottom - Aligns to the bottom of Rectangle Control

The Rectangle Control is the box that surrounds the image/video allowing placement and size manipulation. In this rectangle you’ll see the Position Handle (white/gray dot) that you can move the image/video to a desired location.

The filter can be deselected by unchecking the box, yet all of the changes remain there.
To remove the filter use the - sign.

A couple of comments about documentation:

• once you add content to a topic, remove the “If you are a trusted user you can edit…” Eventually, these topics will be compiled into PDF ala book (minus the comments).
  • I do not want every filter topic to contain information about how to use filters in general, which is basically all we have here. That is a separate topic. This topic is about the Size and Position filter only.

I was a bit unsure if you wanted that part removed.

Is there a better term than Selection Box? It’s the only thing that I could think of.
Is there a term used for the center spot where you grab and drag for placement?
2019-09-23_16-57-17

Yes, be careful with “selection” as that is something very specific in just about all software. Call this the “rectangle control.”

“position handle”

Cant find: what keys do I use to change numbers in size position boxes???
Thanks

These are not spin boxes, so only 0 - 9 keys work. (They might be converted into spin box someday.)