Should We Start a Lower Thirds Library?

A lower thirds library is a cool idea. +1.

1 Like

All interested in this project click “I am Interested”

• I am Interested
  • I am Not Interested

0 voters

Great idea Ben

I don’t know if this is what you had in mind, and I’m not even sure how the thing works, but I was looking at the GitHub website and the free plan might be the thing we need for storing and sharing the files. That and a dedicated thread in the Resource category of the forum (for promoting the files and linking to them in the repository)

github

2 Likes

Sounds good!

Here is one I created for myself.
5 Likes

And after shotcut gets an donation from anybody from our help (maybe some people will also donate him) and if he wants he should also buy freeresources.org domain with shotcut logo on top and resources text on its right. And then donate all free resources with the forum members help. (now it is totally same thing that I meant)

1 Like

I used shotcut to make this.

1 Like

Cool!

1 Like

took more than 2 hours.

Hi,
What is/are lower thirds?
Camerart

Hi @camerart Lower thirds are animated titles that are in down-left or down-right position of our video. For example see this video that I posted in this topic only:

Hi A,
Ok, thanks.
C

1 Like

I used a “Lower-Third” technique on a project a while ago. However it was done using (guess what) HTML and CSS animations, so it’s not really a Shotcut Template. I’ll probably set up a page on my website to allow people to create their own by tailoring the colours, icon, text and timing. The example below is just a sample of this to show how the different parameters could be modified:

2 Likes

I didn’t bring this up initially because I made an assumption. But now it’s evident that wherever this library ends up, there needs to be clear licensing terms shown with each asset as well.

I assumed everything would be released Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY). That means “sell free resources” isn’t a thing. Hence, the need for clear terms if someone wants to charge for their work.

Speaking of which, does GitHub even have payment processor integration options if anyone was interested in going that route? I wasn’t aware of any, but I haven’t looked hard.

2 Likes

If this becomes a thing involving money, even receiving donations, I’m loosing all interest in this project.

1 Like

This will not be for money. This will just be a free repository for members of the forum, a way to curate lower thirds that have already been provided in the forum in so many different posts. We just want to dump it all in one place so. If you want to earn money for yourself, start your own repository.

There will be no money. This was not meant to be for profit. Anyone who wants to make money can start their own repository. This is just a way to curate the already-existing lower thirds that have been donated in the forum, but all scattered in many different post, and for people who want to donate their own lower thirds projects.

1 Like

This would be just a free repository. Anyone who wants to sell their work can start their own repository, because it goes against the values and objectives of this forum, which is to help our fellow Shotcut users free of charge.

That’s what I understood when you first mentioned this project. But it kind of deviated somewhere in the discutions. I’m glad things are clear now. Thanks Ben.

That would be an excellent resource