Shotcut "time" runs slower than actual time

Hello!

I hope I word this properly as each time I read it back to myself I’m questioning if everybody will understand what I’m asking.

Shotcut starting at 00:00:00 on the timeline to 01:00:00 (sixty seconds) is 01:07:00 in actual time. I double-checked this on an accurate stopwatch and I also checked the stopwatch’s accuracy compared to Internet time (time.windows.com).

Does anyone have this issue? I’m not a fan of uninstalling and installing unless it’s necessary. :v:

#actualtime #realtime #time

I have two different answers to this.

Different frame rate.

Slow preview.

I hope these lines are enough to define the reason, others might give a detailed answer :slightly_smiling_face:

I personally don’t see any problem with the timing thing, it happens only when your device can’t preview in the same frame rate in real time or when you have different frame rate video and project.

If you mean that playing 1 minute of video in Shotcut actually takes 1 minute and 7 seconds, it’s probably just the Player that is lagging. This can happen for many reasons: Like working on a project with many tracks/clips/cuts, or using filters that use a lot of resources. Using heavy video files (like 4k, 60 fps) on a computer that doesn’t meet the requirements for these files will also cause lagging.

One thing you can try is to go to Settings > Player, enable Realtime (frames dropping), and see if that helps.
HT45d3MLHi

Using Proxy Editing and Preview Scaling will also help.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Ah. I never considered this. I’ll give it a go, thank you.