Shotcut suddenly crashing on the latest mac OS Ventura

I am having this problem only with VGA clips, 4k runs fine. By VGA I mean, just low visual quality, but the video is just mp4.

Shotcut does open the clip and can edit it, but at any moment (totally random) it crashes.

Any quick fix, or anything. I am not willing to share logs and stuff, it’s hard to import to an Android from a macbook.

Otherwise I will just forget it, and use the windows laptop to edit.

I’m still of the belief that good old e-mail attachments have their uses.

1 Like

Currently I am facing an old issue due to which gmail isn’t able to send or recieve files (restart, reboot,factory reset doesn’t work) . That’s the whole reason I said sharing from macOS to Android is hard.

The reason that I do not login this account on ventura because I simply just want to use that machine for heavy usage (chi, video editing, etc.). So I usually never use safari, except installation of software. The other thing is that I have lost my security key of the account, I can’t just logon to the ventura with it, and as I am using google to signup to the forum, I don’t have passwords in this forum account.

Hey,
So shotcut is available for mac OS ventura ? I couldnt find a confirmation I just got a mac mini M2 I wanna make sure I will be able to use shotcut

I just tried it on MBA M2 with Ventura. Got a random crash first time I opened it and moved a clip around, but second time, I was able to open it, import a clip, pop open a Glaxnimate window, draw a box, export it back into the main window, pull it onto a second timeline, and use it.

When I used Shotcut 6 years back on a Mac, it was “save early and save often” because it would crash without warning on the regular. Not sure how stable it is on Apple Silicon. Lost a project a minute in, then rebooted it and played for 15 minutes without issue. Glaxnimate was having issues last year on M1 in standalone mode, but a lot of that was related to UI. With Shotcut providing the UI, it seems to work well in its Shotcut-provided window.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.