Shotcut on Chromebook (ChromOS)

Hello all,

i have a lenovo S330 Chromebook with 4 GB RAM is there a way that i can use Shotcut. Or would Shortcut available in the future for Chrom OS

I hope to hear soon,

Version 69 of Chrome OS enables Linux apps to run on it, with some caveats. See here for more information on how to do this:

Why not have a try and let the forum know how you get on.

I’m also interested in running Shotcut on my Chromebook. I’ve installed Linux but can’t get it to install Shotcut. The sudo add-apt-repository ppa:haraldhv/shotcut command for Ubuntu doesn’t work.

Are there more guidelines somewhere?

Dev

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but I don’t think you would be able to install this app on that Chromebook.

1. The S330 is a Mediatek ARM Chromebooks and the system requirements for Shotcut say

What are the minimum system requirements ? Operating system : 32- or 64-bit Windows 7 - 10, Apple macOS 10.10 - 10.15, or 64-bit Linux with at least glibc 2.19. CPU: x86-64 Intel or AMD; at least one 2 GHz core for SD, 2 cores for HD, and 4 cores for 4K. GPU: OpenGL 2.0 that works correctly and is compatible.

1. As well, I’m not too familiar with Shotcut but from what I heard about video editing, you would probably need a more powerful machine for the best user experience ie i3 performance and above. The Mediatek Chromebooks fall in line with a Celeron when it comes to performance.
1 Like

Interesting. You wouldn’t happen to know if Shotcut will likely run on an Asus Flip C101PA Chromebook?

I’m trying to find a semi-decent video editor I can run on it. Just needs to be able to insert images and do transitions really.

Thank you

Dev

Any chances to get it work using CloudReady ( some kind of Chrome OS emulator ) ?

Or maybe Android?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This guy did it:

2 Likes