Shotcut 'Multi-Tracking'

Well, I’d guessed that that might have been the reason but didn’t want to presume by saying so!
Brilliant work, thanks so much for helping out.
I shall enjoy trying it out.

[watched the video]
I’d actually worked that one out when experimenting but I there was another side to it that was so fiddly to do, that I hoped this would be the solution. I’ll give an example.
Imagine a choir singing on one track and the speaker on the other track.
To get the choir sound to become audible in the (different length) pauses of the speaker, I could only think to use the audio keyframes on the choir track and change volume manually.

You can imagine that was a terrible job and I wondered if there was another way?

It’s called ‘ducking’ if working with just audio.
Is there a ducking filter? (I looked but not seen that name)

You can also go to audacity for this, just get the audio of your video which you can do by exporting as mp3 in shotcut and then just open audacity and create two audio tracks and then add the audio, at last select the track which is on the top and go to effects than ducking in the filters menu and this will do everything automatically for you.

And also the best thing is that you can remove any noise coming from your choir background to make it more clear.

I also recommend to get a seperate program for audio editing so that you get the full control to your audio and get the best effects possible. It could be paid like Audition or logic Pro x and free like audacity.

Ah, I didn’t know you could export the audio and yes, Audacity will do this.
I shall try it out (and let you know of any sync problems when I add the audio back in LOL)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.