Shotcut Keeps crashing over and over

What is your operating system?
Windows 11

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?
Shotcut version 22.09.23

So I just got shotcut today and I was editing a video and I tried adding a transition from one clip to the next but when I did that shotcut crashed. I tried re-entering shotcut but I crashed again. I tried maybe 15 more times getting shotcut to not crash immediately maybe 2 of those times(it still crashed after a few seconds) and it crashed my whole computer maybe 3 times. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it still keep crashing. I don’t have the best computer in the world but it isn’t a potato either and runs every other program just fine. Can someone please help me?

When you picked the category of “Bug” for your thread you were asked these questions:

What is your operating system?

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?

Please answer them.

Additionally, what was the video resolution of your project? And what are your CPU and RAM?

AMD Ryzen 5 3500 6-Core Processor with 8 GB of Ram

How did you do this? Please list steps that anyone can follow in an attempt to recreate what you did.
Are the clips videos or photos? If they are videos, are they from a cell phone?

Is this only happening when restarting Shotcut, or trying to open your project file in Shotcut?

Video editing is very resource intensive, especially with ram. While your CPU is a good one, you’re choking it with just 8gb of ram. How much ram is being used before Shotcut loads? 8gb is the barebones minimum specification for 1080p with Shotcut.

Have you tried restarting the computer, and turning off all anti-virus programs? Do you get the same results?

When you close Shotcut or it crashes it creates a log text file. When you open Shotcut again, this get’s overwritten. So the next time Shotcut crashes, find the file and drag that file to a reply window here to upload it. While you can view the text file, please avoid copy/pasting the text to here.
explorer_2022-10-17_05-03-01