Shotcut crashes after latest Windows 10 update

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 Home Build 18362.1082

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
My PC received a Windows update last night, and the Shotcut crashes began since today after the Windows update. It sometimes crashes when I zoomed in to adjust the audio position on timeline, and sometimes crashes when I was dragging source into the playlist.

I was on Shotcut 19 something, and since the crashes began, I updated Shotcut to 20.07.11, but the problem persists. It was totally fine before the Windows 10 update.

app_log_20200912.txt (108.0 KB)

I do not think it was due to the upgrade. There were crash fixes in both of these areas for the next version 20.09 due in a couple of days.

Ohh, I certainly hope the fixes would take care of the crashes! It’d be a big headache if it’s due to the Windows update. I look forward to the fixes!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.